Quote of The Day

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Gone too soon!


 He was such a family man, lived, worked, and loved with passion. A huge story teller when he was young, truth and fiction often married. Despite his rebel nature he was always kind to me. Not surprising he found religion along the way.

 A talker myself,  it was hard to get a word in edgewise when he was in the room! Much like me, he was a strong personality. You either liked him or not.  There was no in between. 

I remember his fiscal struggles as a young man with three little boys and a stay at home wife.  A recent grandpa, he was finally enjoying the fruits of his labor when he was killed in a motorcycle accident July 2nd of this year.
Unlike me he had a loving partnership, with ten years until retirement. His wife will be pretty lost without him. My heart goes out to people who seemly have it all together in whatever obscure way they manage to make it work.Only to be blindsided by such a tragedy. You just never know when your time is up. He had loads of living left in him!

I recently wrote a draft about another fellow  I have been thinking about for about two weeks now.... I can't help but wonder if I had an intuition about this guy and  why I was writing about the other.... it's all so surreal to me. 

Such a  jovial guy, I have no doubt his family will miss him!!   Rest in Peace buddy! Very hard to believe you're gone......life is fleeting...glad you lived well!  Nice to have crossed your path along the way!

8 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I am so sorry for your loss!

GlorV1 said...

Oh Giggles, I'm so very sorry for your friend's loss. My condolences to his family. It's always so sad when someone we know especially if they are very close, leaves us to go "home." I'm sure you have a lot of good memories of him and that's what you need to think of, the good memories. ::hugs:: to you and sending you good wishes.

Sandee said...

What a tragedy indeed. You are right that none of us know when it's our time. That's why it's so important to live life to its fullest.

Have a terrific day. :)

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about your friend...there really are no words....your tribute is lovely!!!! and I am sure he will be around listening and watching over you all....

carol l mckenna said...

Hugs to you ~ not easy losing a special person ~ death, though, is part of life ~ grieve in your own way ~ as much as you need to ~ to heal ~ hugs and namaste, Carol

goatman said...

As I spot clusters of old bikers out living their youth on the roads I wonder if there couldn't be a safer way to celebrate.
I rode a cycle in my youth, grew out of it and realized how dangerous this mode of transportation can be.
I feel for his wife and kids.

Dreamer said...

I had just spoken with him not more than a couple of months ago. He really lived his life, caught in a mind-numbing job and making up for it with a vitality and passion in his personal life. So hard to believe that he and his energy are gone. Well the energy lives on. Please pray for his wife, she just lost her mom too and took that very hard.

J Cosmo Newbery said...

Life is many things.
Fair isn't one of them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...